Quantity – 500 g
Organically grown by small scale farmers in Chhattisgarh.
Improves circulation, good for heart disease. Controls blood sugar and ideal for diabetics.A regular diet of buckwheat actually prevents gallstones. Rich in complex carbohydrates & dietary fibre, proteins, B vitamins, magnesium & minerals. Anti-oxidant & rich in flavonoids. Traditionally used during the months of fasting.
How to Use
Idlis, Dosas, Crepes, Pancakes, Salads, Rice substitute, Fry.
Buckwheat groats crepes
Raw buckwheat groats (2/3 cups), water, 1 mashed banana, jaggery (optional), cinnamon powder (1/4 tsp), salt (1/4 tsp), water (1/2 cup).
- Soak buckwheat groats for 4 hours to overnight.
- Transfer groats to blender with mashed banana, jaggery, cinnamon, salt & ½ cup water. Blend into a batter.
- Lightly grease the pan & place it on medium heat.
- Pour about 1/3 cup batter into the skillet. Heat both sides.
- Cook for 2 minutes on both sides. Serve hot.
- Water (1 cup), buckwheat groats (1/2 cups), asparagus/any greens (8), pesto (1/3 cup), vegan
- cheese or cheese (2 tbsp).
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan, add buckwheat and cook for 8 minutes.
- Sauté asparagus in a pan for 2-6 minutes, add salt and pepper.
- Combine buckwheat groats, pesto and asparagus/ any greens in a bowl.
- Top it with some cheese. Serve.