Quantity – 500 g
Whole grain barley contains a range of vitamins, minerals and other beneficial plant compounds. Soaking or sprouting your barley can improve absorption of these nutrients.Barley contains soluble fiber, which reduces hunger and enhances feelings of fullness. It may even promote weight loss.
Barley has high fiber content that promotes a good balance of gut bacteria. Insoluble fiber found in barley may prevent formation of gallstones, reduce cholesterol levels. Regularly adding barley to your diet may reduce risk factors for heart disease, such as high blood pressure and “bad” LDL cholesterol.
Bhakari, Sattu, Upma, Khichadi, Pancakes, Dosa, Idli, Baked products eg: cookies & bread.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker. Temper cumin seeds & asafoetida.
- Add carrot, soaked barley, turmeric & black peppercorns.
- Mix well and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves & 2 and ½ cups of water and let it come to a boil.
- Add salt to taste. Put the lid on and let it cook for 3 whistles.
- Serve hot.